its that time of the month . eeew not that time . get your heads out of the gutter . its time for the vellvette box. every last week of the month , the most awaited box arrives with a lots of high end luxury goodies. if you want to know what the fuss is all about, click here .
to read about my previous experiences
|the vellvette box for may13 and meiji amino collagen skin glow 7 day sample|
before anything else , a lot has been said ( ranted ) about the meiji amino collagen skin glow over the blogosphere . some liked it , some didn't. some were utterly disgusted. but , a few days before the shipping of the box , i got a mail from the people at vellvette.com asking whether i would be interested in trying this as an bonus sample. given that i am a pure vegetarian ( Kannada brahmin , any fellow kannada brams, gimme a thumbs up gals n guys ) , decided to give it some thought. since i do not consume any meat or even meat based supplements , i decided to pass it off. but my mother , who's in her fifties isn't averse to consuming animal sourced supplements . so this one is basically for her . i will post an update on how this works for her ...
|notice the change... no pink paper this time ...boohoohoo. only white paper with gold print.|
so without any further delay my box had:-
|top swatch shampoo ; lower swatch conditioner/masque|
- BROCATO curlinterrupted Smooting and Hydrating treatment kit ( shampoo and conditioner ) :- (61.5 ml and 48.8 ml each ) . both the shampoo and the conditioner cost 375 inr each. full sizes together cost 1275. this itself makes up the cost of the box. i have poker straight almost waist length hair. i don't see the point why vellvette sent me this one despite mentioning my hair type in the questionnaire . this one is going to my mum . but i decided to test it out first.
- the shampoo is sls ,surfactant and paraben free. not any of the regular baddies in this one . it isn't great for people with oily scalp or hair ( like me ) . it doesn't clean too well. smells awesome. along with the conditioner the smell lingers nicely.
- the conditioner is thick . almost body butter thick. given that shea butter is the third ingredient , its nicely hydrating. detangles nicely and overall makes the hair very soft to touch. but it can make the hair quite heavy. if you have very thick hair ( again like moi ) this will give headaches for sure.
- TVAM almond and honey scrub and body polisher :- (296.40 inr for 30 g ) :- 988 for 100g full size .- a decent scrub . smells heavily of roses . almost like dabur gulabari . the texture is very similar to fabindia neem and tulsi scrub. all in all a good pre wax body polisher. surely much better than the nyssa Belgian chocolate sugar scrub i had received in a previous vellvette box.
- flormar DELUXE SHINE GLOSS LIPSTICK in D31:- and the final cherry on the cake . or the diamond among stones in this months box. i was stunned when i saw this shade. a very bright bubble gum pink . very blue based, there was no way this was going to look good on my medium warm toned complexion. but it actually does. the underlying sheerness of this colour just makes it very wearable for all skin tones and shades, just like the revlon lip butters . it doesn't turn opaque no matter how much you smoosh it on . its got a very nice slip. very hydrating throughout wear . leaves a pretty pink stain . i hate blue-pinks but i m in love with this one.
overall , a nice mix of haircare, skincare and makeup. i am satisfied with this months box . i will rate it an B+.
what about you ? love it or loathe it? what do you like from my box ? what do you wish my box should have had more?
non affiliate links .the above product was bought by me from my own money . .i have never received compensation in return of glowing reviews. my loyalty lies with my readers. for further details i can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank You very much!